Hamas vows struggles against Israeli forces until occupiers thrown out
Palestinian resistance movement Hamas has reacted to recent carnage at Jenin refugee camp and vowed that struggles against Tel Aviv regime will continue until withdrawal of occupiers from the Palestinian lands.
Share It :
Hazem Qassem, a spokesman for the Gaza-based Hamas movement, said in a statement on Wednesday said the residents of Jenin will carry on their struggle with full zeal until the occupying forces vacate the lands that belong to native Palestinians.
He denounced the crimes perpetrated by Israeli troops in the occupied West Bank city, emphasizing that the regime’s blatant aggression and vicious raids will fail to undermine its glory and greatness.
The Hamas spokesman noted that the rise in the number of martyrs has always motivated the Palestinian nation intensify its uprising against Israeli occupiers.
“The resistance front has taught us it is capable of punishing occupiers for their crimes. The battle against the occupiers will continue in all spheres until the enemy is defeated and expelled from the entire Palestinian territories,” Qassem pointed out.
The Palestinian Ministry of Health said on Wednesday that four people were killed and at least 44 others injured, when the Israeli army carried out a raid on a refugee camp in Jenin.
The raid began with dozens of Israeli military vehicles entering the camp at approximately 8 a.m. local time (0500 GMT).
The men killed were identified as Ahmad Alawneh, Abed Hazem, Mohammad al-Wanneh and Mohammad Abu Naa’sah.
The al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, a coalition of Palestinian resistance groups in the West Bank, said that three of the men killed were its members.
An Israeli police spokesman said in a statement that the officers along with Israeli military forces sought to arrest Abd al-Rahman Hazem, the brother of Raad Hazem, who carried out a retaliatory operation in Tel Aviv back in April, and killed three Israeli settlers, before being shot dead, and Mohammad al-Wanneh.
The pair were responsible for a series of shooting attacks in recent months, including one that targeted an engineering vehicle of the Israeli military working along the northern West Bank security barrier earlier this month.
Abed Hazem and al-Wannah were killed when Hazem’s father’s home was hit by a missile.
Plumes of smoke were seen after the missile exploded in the house.
Israeli troops then proceeded to encircle the home, during which heavy armed clashes broke out with Palestinian fighters.
Back on September 6, Israeli forces raided Jenin and blew up an apartment that belonged to Raad Hazem, killing a 29-year-old Palestinian man and injuring 16 others.
Israeli forces have recently been conducting near-nightly raids and killings in the northern occupied West Bank, mainly in the cities of Jenin and Nablus, where new groups of Palestinian resistance fighters have been formed.
More than 150 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces in the Israeli-occupied territories since the start of the year, including 51 in the besieged Gaza Strip during Israel’s three-day assault in August.
More than 30 of those killed were either from Jenin or were killed in Jenin region.