Iran says US taxpayers’ money no help for survival of Israeli regime
Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman said in a post on his Twitter account that the American taxpayers’ money will not help survival of the Israeli regime in the face of its domestic issues.
Share It :
In a series of tweets on Sunday, Nasser Kan’ani pointed out that each of the last five Israeli cabinets lasted less than one year and predicted that the current administration led by prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu “will probably have the same fate.”
“The US government may support the apartheid #ZionistRegime out of American taxpayers money, but this will not help the regime’s survival,” Kan’ani wrote.
“This regime suffers from huge domestic crises,” he said, adding that the occupiers are losing all hope of survival and this is raising Palestinians’ hope of victory and liberation.
He said that the “social and political fault-lines of the spider den of #Zionists are jolting this hollow regime more than ever before, pushing it to the cusp of collapse.”
Tens of thousands of protesters on Saturday held a massive rally again in Tel Aviv against Netanyahu’s planned judicial reforms, which they say aim to weaken the regime’s supreme court in favor of the Israeli prime minister and his extremist cabinet.
The protests were the latest in a series of weekly demonstrations that have been taking place in the city and elsewhere throughout the occupied territories since Netanyahu announced his far-right cabinet last month.
The Iranian spokesman also said that the Israeli regime’s crime in Jenin and the killing and wounding of dozens of innocent Palestinians “cannot distract the public opinion from the dire and shaky situation inside the temporary Zionist regime.”
The Israeli regime’s attacks on Jenin, which coincided with the CIA chief’s visit to Tel Aviv, has killed 10 young Palestinians, he lamented.
On Thursday, Israeli forces stormed the flashpoint city of Jenin and the neighboring refugee camp with more than 70 armed vehicles while the regime’s snipers were also deployed on rooftops and heavily armed soldiers opened fire at Palestinian youths who tried to block their way.
Israeli media claimed the Israeli raid against Jenin was launched after intelligence from Israel’s so-called internal security service, Shin Bet, about the Palestinian Islamic Jihad movement’s intention to carry out a major operation against Israeli targets, claiming that the “operation aimed to arrest a prominent member of the movement.”
However, the Palestinian resistance movements said the aggression came in the context of recent escalations that have been on the rise, especially in light of the new extremist Netanyahu cabinet.
Over the past months, Israel has ramped up attacks on Palestinian towns and cities throughout the occupied territories. As a result of these attacks, dozens of Palestinians have lost their lives and many others have been arrested. Most of the raids have focused on Nablus and Jenin, where Israeli forces have been trying to stifle a growing Palestinian resistance in the occupied cities.
More than 170 Palestinians, including at least 30 children, were killed across the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem last year. In January 2023 alone, at least 38 Palestinians, including five children, were killed.