170 Israeli attacks on health facilities in West Bank since Oct. 7: World Health Organization
The World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed on Friday that health care facilities in the occupied West Bank have faced more than 170 Israeli attacks since Oct. 7.
Share It :
“WHO is concerned about the continued escalation of attacks on health care in the West Bank,” the UN agency said in a statement on X.
“Today, at least six paramedics (were) made to exit Ibn Sina Hospital in Jenin, after which they were searched and detained,” the organization said, adding that “three ambulances were also searched.”
“Health care is not a target,” the WHO stressed, referring to international rules of war barring hospitals, schools, and other civilian facilities from being attacked.
The WHO called for “the active protection of health workers and health facilities.”
Since the eruption of the fighting in Gaza between Palestinian groups and Israel on Oct. 7, the Israeli army has so far killed more than 200 Palestinians and detained more than 2,520 across the West Bank in an attempt to curb Palestinian activism in support of Gaza.
Since Israel started bombarding Gaza on Oct. 7, at least 11,500 Palestinians have been killed, including over 7,800 women and children, and more than 29,200 others have been injured, according to the latest figures.
An Israeli blockade has also cut Gaza off from fuel, electricity and water supplies, and reduced aid deliveries to a small trickle.