Germany's Bild newspaper has reported that unknown individuals attacked Iran's consulate in the northern German city of Hamburg last night with firebombs.
According to the report, a passing car had noticed that two unknown individuals were escaping from the scene after throwing firebombs at the front door of the consulate last night.
The report said that nobody was hurt in the incident while the police have launched an investigation into the matter by checking the CCTV cameras.
Iranian Foreign Minister Spokesman, Saeed Khatibzadeh condemned the attack on the Iranian consulate calling on the German government to guarantee the security of Iranian diplomatic premises.
Khatibzadeh added that the German government is expected to take consistent and effective measures to prevent the recurrence of such attacks.
He also said that the German government is expected to meticulously look into details of the incident and confront seriously with the perpetrators behind it.
Germany's local media said on Saturday that Iran's consulate in the northern German city of Hamburg had been attacked with firebombs by unknown individuals last night.