Yemeni parents, three kids killed in Saudi strike on Hudaydah
Yemeni couple and their three children have lost their lives as Saudi airstrike on Hudaydah province continues despite international decry of the atrocities by Arab kingdom on impoverished Yemeni nation.
Share It :
According to Yemen's Arabic-language al-Masirah television network on Monday, a couple and their three children were killed when Saudi warplanes targeted the province's al-Ashraf district.
The incident took place just several days after Saudi warplanes attacked a school bus at a market in the town of Dahyan in Sa’ada, leaving at least 51 civilians people dead, including 40 children, and nearly 80 others injured.
Earlier on Monday, Huge crowds gathered in Sa’ada to bury dozens of children recently slain during the Saudi airstrike on a school bus.
UNICEF, the United Nation’s children fund, called the carnage the single biggest attack on children in the ongoing Saudi war on Yemen.
The United Nations Security Council has called for a "credible and transparent" investigation into the airstrike.
Some 15,000 Yemenis have been killed and thousands more injured since the onset of the Saudi-led aggression on Yemen in March 2015.
The United Nations says a record 22.2 million Yemenis are in need of food aid, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger.
A high-ranking UN aid official has warned against the “catastrophic” living conditions in Yemen, stating that there is a growing risk of famine and cholera there.
“The conflict has escalated since November, driving an estimated 100,000 people from their homes,” John Ging, UN director of aid operations, told the UN Security Council on February 27.